Do you have a motorhome in your driveway that you are considering selling? It might be worth more than you think. But what if you need fast cash? Is it worth the time and effort it takes to go to a dealer, and why aren’t they calling you? How much money can you make off your RV when you sell it privately? Here are the answers you seek.
Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels
Where Do You Go To Sell My RV?
RV dealers, auction sites, and private buyers are all looking for used RVs. You can sell your RV online, in the newspaper, and at local swap meets. You have options, but you should consider where to sell your RV before you put it on the market.
Selling Your RV Online
Asking yourself how to get fast cash for my rv with HeyRV? An online marketplace may be a great way to sell your RV. However, many online marketplaces charge high fees or take a percentage of your sale price. If you don’t have time to wait for potential buyers interested in your vehicle, this option is not good.
Selling Your RV Locally
If you want cash quickly and don’t mind spending time with prospective buyers, selling locally could be the right option. Sellers who go door-to-door often get better offers than those who rely solely on print advertising or websites like Craigslist. However, unless you’re willing to do some legwork yourself, this method might not be worth it if you’re short on time or just want cash quickly.
How Do You Calculate the Value of Your RV?
There’s no hard-and-fast rule for determining the value of an RV. You can check online listings and see what similar models are selling for. But remember that those prices don’t include many factors that could affect your own vehicle’s value, such as whether it needs repairs or has any issues with its title or paperwork. The best way to find out what you can expect is by talking with an expert who knows RVs inside and out.
What if It Is Not in Good Shape?
You might want to consider selling your RV through an auction or consignment shop specializing in selling RVs, that is, if your RV is in bad shape. These businesses often have a faster turnaround and can sell your RV for more money than you would get by selling it yourself or on Craigslist. If you want to sell your RV quickly and for the most amount of money possible, then consider taking the following steps:
• Clean up the vehicle’s inside thoroughly before taking photos for advertising purposes.
• Make sure all windows are clean and free from dirt and debris. Wipe down any smudges or fingerprints that may have formed on them while driving around town with your family.
• Get rid of anything that is not essential to driving or camping; remove any extra seats, and even consider removing some tires if worn out or damaged beyond repair.
What Are the Pros of Selling Your RV Outright?
If you’re in a bind and need some cash quickly, selling your RV outright may be your best option. The pros of selling your RV outright include the following:
• You get the cash fast. The money is immediately available to you, and you don’t have to worry about finding financing for the purchase (with all the paperwork required).
• You don’t have to worry about the hassle of dealing with an RV dealer who buys and sells RVs. You just sell it to whoever will pay the most for it.
• You don’t have to worry about shipping or delivery costs. If you can find a buyer who lives near where your RV is parked, they can come to pick it up at their convenience.
What Are the Cons of Selling Your RV Outright?
The following are the disadvantages of selling your RV outright:
1. It’s inconvenient and potentially dangerous to deal with strangers who want to buy your RV in person instead of online through an auction site like eBay Motors or Craigslist Classifieds.
2. It’s difficult to know exactly how much someone will pay for your RV until after seeing it. So, this isn’t a good option if you think it’s worth less than what another seller is asking.
How Do You Market Your RV
You can start by posting an ad on Craigslist or another classified site where people buy and sell RVs in your area. You’ll also want to post flyers around town advertising that your RV is for sale. Finally, consider hiring a realtor specializing in selling RVs if none of these options works for you. They may be able to help you find a buyer who can pay more than what other people would offer because of the extra work they’ll need to do to get their new motorhome ready for travel.
The Bottom Line
If you find yourself needing cash quickly, it’s okay to determine the value of your RV. Don’t base your decision on emotion alone. It’s likely that most people love their RV. However, if you aren’t using it and need money fast, remember that an RV is only worth as much as someone will pay you for it.