Wooden Pallets are the flat wooden cut pieces that are joined to form wooden blocks. The goods are kept on its flat base and lifted by using jacks or crane-like machines. It forms the foundation of the goods to be stacked in the warehouse. Goods are generally stacked on these pallets and wrapped or strapped to be transported via ship or trucks. It makes it easy to lift the commodities. You can get both wooden and plastic pallets as part of the racking system. The wooden pallets are hard, and they are easy to recycle. You can also get different colors and designs in case of plastic pallets.
What Are the Types of Pallets That You Can Avail?
- Block Pallet: It has four-way accessibility for lifters and is composed of around 4-12 timber pieces.
- Stringer Pallet: It uses stringers to support the top and bottom deck boards. They are further divided into 2- and 4-way stringer pallets.
- Double-Sided Pallets: It is constructed with a full wooden bottom instead of legged bottoms. These are mostly used for double stacking purposes.
- Solid Deck Pallet: It comprises of a large sheet of plain wooden timber. It is more comfortable to carry with its anti-slip ribbing and 4-way entry decks.
These wooden pallets are beneficial for industries as they help in loading and unloading of the produced goods.
Some Of Its Benefits Are:
- Saves Time and Labor: The number of laborers is also more. These goods can be loaded and unloaded using the pallets within no time. It saves an immense amount of labor and time as it can handle tones and tones of goods for transportation.
- Inexpensive: The wooden pallets are not only easily accessible but also affordable, which means they do not cost much.
- Strong and Durable: These pallets are not only affordable in price but also strong and durable for heaving loads and long-lasting. These pallets are more preferred for the transportation of goods via ships and boats. They can carry heavy loads and the pallets, when not in use, can be racked in both horizontal and vertical order, they do not break.
- Easily Accessible: These wooden pallets are available widely from the wide range of forests spread in the country. You can buy, store, or rent these pallets as per your requirement.
- Reusability: These wooden pallets can be reused and recycled. When a pallet breaks or cracks, they are no more used. They are sent the manufacturing for recycling and reuse purposes. The pallets are formed from these recycled wooden broken pieces. They are also used to prepare the tables, fences, and flower base. Wood is eco-friendly, and it is used for a long-term purpose and it also has reusability.
- High-Friction Material: These pallets can withstand high-friction caused by the dragging and pulling by the cranes. The friction enables these pallets to bear more loads and does not slip from its position.
The wooden pallets are very much essential for the industries and factories as well as warehouse and go downs for the smooth transportation of produced goods and commodities. Pallets made of plastics are also available in the market, but they are not preferred more by the manufacturers. They at times melt or get glued with the products and are a loss for the owners. In a nutshell, these wooden pallets are very much essential for the industries and factories to maintain the smoothness of the product supply chain in the market. Now you can buy pallets, hire them, or else, you can also customize the pallet size and structure by talking to selected companies and brands that manufacture wooden or plastic pallets.