Adventure Academy is an educational massively multiplayer online game (MMO) for elementary and middle school age students. It features thousands of enjoyable learning activities that are discovered on quests through an interactive virtual world. Expertly designed to create a highly engaging and educational environment, Adventure Academy focuses on building critical knowledge and skills in language arts, math, social studies, science, and more.
In Adventure Academy, the more you explore, the more you learn. It is primarily intended for Elementary and middle school age students
Adventure Academy will be available online at www.AdventureAcademy.com or
downloadable to smartphones and tablets through the Apple App Store and Google Play. Families can purchase an annual subscription for less than $5 per month, or a month-to-month subscription for $9.99, both including up to three separate student profiles per household.
Adventure Academy is an educational massively multiplayer online game (MMO) for
elementary and middle school age students. It features thousands of enjoyable learning
activities that are discovered on quests through an interactive virtual world. Expertly
designed to create a highly engaging and educational environment, Adventure Academy
focuses on building critical knowledge and skills in language arts, math, social studies,
science, and more.
In Adventure Academy, learners are able to:
- Create and customize their avatar’s features, clothing and backpack.
- Meet several non-player characters, each with their own unique backstory, who guide players on their learning journey.
- Complete quests and learning challenges to level up, unlock new zones, and earn rewards in an ever expanding virtual world.
- Design their own home, including furniture and accessories.
- Collect unique items.
- Join the Honor Society at level 30, unlocking a special shop where learners can exchange credits for rare and valuable items.
- Interact with other learners, chat, and create or join clubs in a safe, COPPA-compliant
environment that is free of advertising and in-app purchases. Parents control the level of
interaction their children have through filtered chat and can block all in-game communication, if desired.
- Experience hundreds of hours of fun, educational interaction and gameplay, with hundreds more hours in development. Play the entire game across multiple platforms, including computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Age of Learning has brought the same curriculum-first approach to Adventure Academy that it successfully employed in ABCmouse, which has helped educate more
than 18 million children to date.
Adventure Academy features thousands of educational learning activities, such as videos, reading experiences, games, quizzes, and many other interactive elements— all within the frameworks of U.S. (and international) curriculum standards.
Crafted by a curriculum team comprised of more than 40 experts who:
- Collectively have hundreds of years of teaching experience with tens of thousands of students.
- Have developed dozens of major curriculum programs for leading education publishers.
- Come from prominent education companies, including McGraw-Hill Education, Houghton
Mifflin Harcourt, Pearson, National Geographic Learning, Amplify, and LearnZillion.
Curriculum leadership conducted an in-depth review of state, national, and international
educational standards, and collaborated with practicing teachers across the U.S. to identify the high-priority curriculum topics students find most difficult in school. As a result, the Adventure Academy curriculum emphasizes reading comprehension skills, vocabulary development, mathematical operations, fractions, world geography, U.S. history, physical science, life science, earth science, and scientific inquiry.
Age of Learning, the company behind the industry-leading ABCmouse online learning
program, developed Adventure Academy with a substantial investment over the course
of three years.
With a substantial investment over the past three years commensurate with those made in other premier (or “AAA”) online games, Age of Learning assembled a world-class team of curriculum and instructional design experts, master teachers, game designers,
artists, animators, and engineers to build Adventure Academy with the quality and engagement features of a AAA game.
Developed and produced by top talent in the video game industry, including:
- Kevin Beardslee, one of the original creators of World of Warcraft.
- Alex Galvagni, former General Manager of leading game studio Turbine, creators of The Lord of the Rings Online, Batman: Arkham Underworld, Dungeons and Dragons Online, and Game of Thrones Conquest.
Design features include:
- 3D virtual world with graphics and visual effects that push the boundaries of mobile gaming.
- A fully featured MMO experience with a 24/7 presence on smartphones, tablets
New features and content are regularly added including:
- New learning activities, quests, and items.
- Seasonal content with themed environments, quests, and rewards.
- Multiplayer questing, games, and leaderboards.
- Regular updates of new zones, increased level-caps, activities, and rewards.