Curious about what your boy will turn out like? Too afraid to teach him some manners yourself? Teach your son him these rules before it’s too late!
Here is our list of 32 parenting rules to teach your son, whether you are close with your son or just trying to be a good parent! These rules and manners will put your son on the right track on being the proud son, you wished him to be.
Get ready to teach your son thinks with these serious and mannered rules that are not to be missed in his upbringing!
Here are 32 Rules and Manners to Teach Your Son before it is too late
1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
2. Don’t enter a pool by the stairs.
3. The man at the BBQ Grill is the closest thing to a king.
4. In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
5. Request the late check-out.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
8. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
9. Play with passion or don’t play at all…
10. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye.
11. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
12. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
13. Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
14. You marry the girl, you marry her family.
15. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
16. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
17. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
18. Never turn down a breath mint.
19. A sport coat is worth 1000 words.
20. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
21. Thank a veteran. Then make it up to him.
22. Eat lunch with the new kid.
23. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
24. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
25. Manners maketh the man.
26. Give credit. Take the blame.
27. Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
28. Write down your dreams.
29. Take time to snuggle your pets, they love you so much and are always happy to see you.
30. Be confident and humble at the same time.
31. If ever in doubt, remember whose son you are and REFUSE to just be ordinary!
32. In all things, give glory to God.
Not only does asking him these 32 rules get him started in life, but his responses might make you feel a proud father, too!
Talking and explaining them in your father-son relationship is nice because you bring up your son, knowing that these rules are for the better man he will turn out to be.
One day he will turn out to be a father as well and will pass these 32 rules to teach your son to his children as well.