Who doesn’t love eating food? but to keep continuing that we require routine dental check-ups. By regular visits you can achieve stress-free dental hygiene, plaque less, remove tar build-up. Professional Dental hygienist suggests you visit the clinic at least every six months for check-ups because we tend to consume a variety of food materials that can cause cavities, plague or swollen gums. Also, without regular check-ups your teeth are at risk.
Do you want to know why regularly seeing a dental hygienist is important for your overall health? Keep reading further.
1. Prevent tooth decay
If the cavity remains unchecked Over the period, enamels can get affected due to bacterial infection. The extreme condition also led to a loss of teeth. In addition, damaged teeth can damage neighbouring teeth as well.
2. Dental hygienist can diagnose oral cancer symptoms
This process is called the velscope cancer exam. To avoid life-threatening illness, early-stage diagnosis is suggested. Your dentist will check dead tissue caused by the tumour.
3. Detect systemic health issues
Apart from your mouth, a dental hygienist will look after your neck, lymph nodes, head, deformities and thyroid gland. In case any problematic area is observed, you will be referred.
4. Eliminate gum diseases
Gum disease at an early stage has no symptoms. It’s tough to detect the issue without any professional assistance. A dental hygienist will make sure that your gums are firm. They will look for deep gum pockets, swelling as well as receding gums.
Usually, early gum disease can be treated by improving oral habits. However, if the issue still arises, the true root cause will be treated. As now you have a basic understanding, let us figure out what those habits add to proper care & habits that convert into disaster. For example, it is also important to take care of your teeth in between your clinic visits. Below, you can review the list of dos and don’ts which you can follow to achieve faster and better results.
● Prefer brushing your teeth twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride.
● Always use mouthwash after brushing your teeth to eliminate the bacterial infection and keep your breath fresh.
● Floss daily.
● Always use a brush with gentle hands, or else gums can have rashes.
● Try to limit the acidic food intake, which can benefit the mouth as well as your stomach.
● Use a soft bristle brush.
● Please do not neglect your tongue while brushing your teeth; it also needs to be clean.
● Without regular check-ups, your teeth are at risk; avoid negligence.
● Avoid sipping because it can cause major issues if you sip ice soda etc. It can cause the tooth to get fractured.
● Stop grinding your teeth right away, whether it’s out of stress or anxiety.
● Try not to consume foods that can cling to your teeth.
● After bedtime routine, avoid eating anything.
Home – Remedies to treat your dental complications
The basic problem one suffers frequently is a toothache. It can be due to any reason. Toothache can cause severe nerve discomfort, which can harm our brain nerve cells as well.
To have immediate nerve relaxation, use salt water rinse. Although salt is categorized as a natural disinfectant, it can also help loosen up stuck food particles & debris in between your teeth. Treating your teeth with salt can also reduce inflammation and heal any oral wound. To do this, mix ½ tbs of salt in a glass of warm water, use it as mouthwash or gargle.
If you are facing inflammation with an aching tooth, a Hydrogen Peroxide rinse can ease the ache. It can also treat bleeding gum or reduce plaque deposits. While applying this approach, make sure your hydrogen peroxide is properly diluted. To do this, mix 3% hydrogen peroxide with an equal amount of water/mouthwash. Do not try to swallow the solution.
There is another way to ease the pain, i.e., cold compress. While applying a cold compress constricts the flow of blood to a specific area. The process can decrease the severity of the pain and help treat the inflamed or swollen area.
Garlic is helpful to kill harmful bacteria or act as a painkiller too. To do this, use garlic clove paste and apply it to the infected area. You can also chew fresh garlic.
There is a saying, ‘prevention is better than cure ‘. We usually visit the doctor when it’s either too late or has severe damage. A routine check-up is recommended as your teeth are at risk without them. The remedies can only help ease the pain temporarily if the issue persists longer than 2-3 days; better visit your dental hygienist as soon as possible.