For every illness, there is a different remedy or medicine. We never have one solution for all our problems. When it comes to our health, we shouldn’t compromise on it as it is a key to each and every success.
If fruits can make it to our every day’s diet list, we are sure to achieve our goals more conveniently. A healthy diet not only helps us to stay strong and healthy but is also beneficial for our skin. Every single fruit comes with its own pros and very few cons. When we are healthy physically, we can do our work much more efficiently and quickly. We will have more stamina and a clear mind to process things.
Life is short. Why should we spend it eating medicines and visiting doctors? Adding fruits and natural healers like elderberries to our diet will be smart.
What Is An Elderberry And How To Make Elderberry Turmeric Syrup?
Elderberry is one of the most versatile solutions for almost all of our health related problems. It is known as a healer in the world of medicines. We can commonly use elderberries as medicinal plants in the world. Elderberry is most often taken as a supplement to treat cold and flu symptoms.
However, the raw berries, bark, and leaves of the plant are also known to be poisonous and cause stomach problems. In this article, we will take a closer look at elderberry syrup and a combination of elderberry syrup and turmeric for the immune system. When we use curcumin supplements on a regular basis, it helps us with a strong memory. We should give it to our children for better memory skills and anyone who’s suffering from memory loss.
Recipe for elderberry syrup
· Dried elderberries
· Grated ginger
· Ground cloves
· Raw honey
Instructions to make elderly syrup
1. First, we should pour water into a saucepan and then add elderberries, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and turmeric powder for curcumin dosage.
2. Boil the whole mixture and then reduce it to simmer until the liquid has reduced to half.
3. We should remove it from heat and let it cool.
4. Mash the berries using a spoon
5. Our next step should be pouring the mixture through a strainer.
6. Discard the remaining elderberries and let the liquid cool to lukewarm.
7. When it is no longer hot, add the honey and stir well.
8. When the honey is well mixed into the elderberry mixture, pour the syrup into a Mason jar or 16-ounce glass bottle of some kind.
Benefits Of Elderberry Turmeric Syrup
Elderberry has many benefits for health. Moreover, we can use this syrup while having flu and fever. Turmeric powder, with its special chemical curcumin, has proven itself as a healer in medical aspects as well. We can use elderberry turmeric syrup to fight bacteria of the flu and runny nose.
By adding turmeric in it we can use it as an antidepressant when we are going through depression. The black elderberries are rich in vitamin C, one of the best known antioxidants, B-vitamins, and folic acid. Vitamin C is very efficient for our strong immune system, but we cannot underestimate the vitamin B present in it as it is best for our metabolism.
Also, we should give it to our children for better memory skills and anyone who’s suffering from memory loss. We can fight germs of cold in our body with this easy to make recipe. Before going to the doctor and spending a huge chunk of our money on their fees and prescriptions, we should start treatment from home.
Side Effects Of Elderberry Syrup
There is no consensus on whether elderberry is safe or not, but most doctors believe small doses of elderberry are not harmful. But it can cause illnesses like nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting if it’s consumed without being fully ripe or properly cooked. However, there is a danger of more serious conditions if a larger amount is consumed. There are a few other things to keep in mind:
● A woman should not take it if she is expecting or breastfeeding.
● The remaining part of the elder tree, such as leaves, twigs, branches, seeds, are not safe to consume.
● They contain glycoside, a type of cyanide which can be harmful.
● Elderberry may cause reactions in people who already have an immune problem.
● There is a possibility of being allergic to it as well.
● We should be careful with the amount we are consuming since it is diuretic; one should be more careful if we are taking medicine that causes the more urinary discharge.
If we are using elderberry, we should consult a doctor and use it according to the prescription. We can only benefit from anything if we use it at the right time and right amount. So use it right, use it smartly because one wrong step will nullify the whole purpose of it.
Wrapping it up
With the conclusion in this article, we have covered the recipe, benefits, and side effects of elderberry syrup. As winter is here, it is the most beneficial drink that we can use to protect ourselves from the cold. Moreover, it not only helps us to fight the germs inside us but with turmeric in it, we can fight many chronic diseases like heart disease and cancer. In winters, we normally catch a cold and get sick; by taking this small precaution, we can avoid it now.
However, the side effects of this syrup, if caused, are because of its excessive use. If we use the right amount per day, we can achieve all the plus points that it offers. So eat healthily, do exercise on a daily basis and add elderberry turmeric syrup to your daily diet. With health, we can achieve the targets we have set for ourselves and avoid hospital beds for the time being. Trust me, turmeric is something that can end up doing wonder to your health. Be it your skin, your health or other matters. Make sure to add it to your diet and you will love the results!