A dental emergency can occur anytime, anywhere. When it does, you require immediate medical attention from a qualified practitioner. Like any other emergency, you can’t really afford to wait for a convenient time to finally go and see a dentist.
This is when reputed emergency dental care providers like Teledentistry can save the day. While the term “emergency dentistry” is self-explanatory, one might have various questions in mind about how it works and when to consult an emergency dentist. This article aims to offer a comprehensive guide on emergency dentistry.
Emergency Dentist Near Me [Open Now] Find A 24 Hour Dentist
How is emergency dentistry different from the ER?
Not sure if consulting an emergency dentist is any better than visiting the ER? Considering you’re probably much more familiar with the latter option, that’s what you might be leaning towards. After all, why try looking for an emergency dentist when you can quickly go to a nearby hospital?
While you can indeed visit the ER, an emergency dentist can be of a lot more help. Here’s how:
● In the ER, you can get the necessary medication to take care of the pain temporarily. However, unless they have a dentist available at the moment, you’ll have to consult one as soon as possible. With an emergency dentist consultation, this won’t be a cause for worry.
● As you might be aware, visits to the ER can get quite expensive. Consulting an emergency dentist, on the other hand, is extremely affordable. You can even get it covered by your medical insurance if needed.
● Lastly, seeing a medical professional qualified in dentistry is simply much more effective than a visit to the ER. Dental emergencies are often treated in a very generic fashion in emergency rooms.
An emergency dentist vs. a regular dental clinic – What’s the difference?
You might wonder whether seeing an emergency dentist is different from your regular dental appointments. To begin with, the former allows you to consult a dentist on the same day, even when a regular appointment might not be available. You won’t even have to worry about the queue – emergency dentistry is all about getting dental care right when needed.
Not all dental clinics are open 24X7, while the emergency dental care is typically available around the clock.
What is Teledentistry?
Teledentistry is the delivery of dental care and information using telecommunication technology. This can include video conferencing, live streaming, or remote monitoring to provide virtual consultations, diagnoses, and treatment plans for patients.
Why choose Teledentisty.com?
Teledentistry.com is one of the largest virtual dental care services in the USA. It is a perfect solution in times of emergent dental needs when it’s not possible to hunt for an emergency dentist nearby. Here are a few reasons for choosing Teledentisry.com:
● The platform allows you to connect with a dentist remotely, eliminating the need to travel to a physical dental office.
● The ability to compare dentists’ pricing and reviews before booking an appointment gives you confidence in choosing the best dentist for your dental needs.
● Additionally, the platform provides virtual evaluation and treatment recommendations, ideal for those with mobility issues or who live in remote areas where dental access is limited.
How to connect to a dentist on Teledentistry.com
To get started on Teledentistry.com, you need to:
● Log in to the website and select your insurance provider
● Fill out an online form with your personal information
● Upload a picture of the affected area
● Start your virtual consultation with a dentist who will diagnose your issue and recommend a treatment plan.
When should you consult an emergency dentist?
So, what exactly constitutes a dental emergency? To sum it up, a dental condition requiring immediate treatment to prevent infection, reduce pain, or stop bleeding is a dental emergency. Although it’s rare, dental emergencies can potentially be life-threatening. Potential conditions that might require you to find a 24 hour dentist include:
An abscessed tooth has a pocket of pus formed by a bacterial infection. Unless treated promptly, the infection can spread to your jaw and eventually to other body parts.
A dental abscess causes your gums to swell, but you may also experience swelling of the face, neck, or cheek. If the swelling gets too bad, you might even have trouble breathing.
2.Chipped or cracked tooth
A chipped or cracked tooth calls for immediate dental care too. Although dental fractures are sometimes harmless, at other times, they might cause the tooth to split apart. It’s best not to risk it and get the tooth checked by a dentist.
While gum irritations aren’t normal, they do not usually constitute an emergency. However, if your gums are bleeding, you should see an emergency dentist immediately. The bleeding isn’t the real problem – it’s the symptom of a much worse underlying issue in your gums.
4.Damaged dental crowns or fillings
If you have a dental crown installed over a tooth, there’s always a slight chance that it might fall off or break. It would not only leave the tooth in a weakened condition but will also render it susceptible to infection.
5.Severe and unexplained toothache
If you experience a sudden and severe toothache for no apparent reason, that’s something to worry about. Unexplained toothaches often stem from teeth and gum infections which do not take a lot of time to deteriorate. Immediate diagnosis and treatment will help nip the problem in the bud.
During a dental emergency, you don’t really have much time to go around looking for the best emergency dental clinic near you. Instead, look for an online dental care service. The leading ones are available round the clock.
Even if you have a dental emergency at 2AM, they can get you an online appointment with a dentist. The dentist would recommend suitable home remedies, prescribe the medicine, and refer you to a local dentist to follow up later.
Don’t let dental issues hold you back, schedule your virtual consultation today with Teledentistry.com and get medical attention from the comfort of your own home.