There are a lot of medicines that are sold over the counter without a proper doctor’s prescription. One such medicine that is widely sold over the counter to defend against cough and cold is Triple C Drug. It is available in the form of red capsules or most cases are seen as red rounded or oblong tablets.
It is provided to people who are suffering from a cold leading to a runny nose, chest congestion, fever, or in some cases are constantly sneezing or coughing. Taken in the right dose it can act as a miraculous cure to cough and cold but most youngsters are abusing the use of this drug as because large doses can cause euphoria and hallucination in humans. Today we are going to talk about the side effects of using this drug in this article.
Side Effects of Using Triple C Drug
There are multiple side effects of using Triple C Drug some of them have been listed below-
• This drug can be used as a hallucinogen if taken more than what has been prescribed by the doctors. This is why this drug is being misused by teenagers to a great extent.
• Based on the dose the process of intoxication can be split into four stages. Consumption of 100 to MG of this drug can cause mild stimulation. If taken about 200 to 400 mg it can cause hallucinations.
• 300 to 600 mg of the triple C drug can distort the visual perceptions and also affect motor coordination. The person consuming this drug might lose control over his or her motor activities.
• In case this drug is consumed between 500 to 1500 mg it can cause dissociative sedation.
• Apart from these overdose of this drug can cause hyper excitability in people if taken for the first time.
• Apart from this if the proper dose is not taken by an individual it can result in agitation in humans, it can also elevate their body temperature, and cause sweating and confusion in them.
• This drug can increase heart rate and cause high blood pressure. Not only can this be the reason for acid build up in the fluid of the body.
• It can also result in impaired motor functions and dissociative episodes.
• Nausea, vomiting, hypertension, dizziness leading to slurred speech, drowsiness, lethargy, and losing control of body and eye movements which is known as ataxia and Nystagmus respectively are some of the most common side effects of Triple C drug.
To conclude it can be said that not all drugs are safe to use and buy over the counter without a proper doctor’s prescription. One such example is the Triple C drug which is being widely misused by young adults. Even though it defends cough and cold and helps individuals fight against fever, runny nose, and congestion overdose of this drug can lead to hallucinations in a person.
There are multiple other side effects of this drug therefore it is advised that this drug should not be taken without the prescription of a doctor and should always be consumed in the right dose.