Replacing your HVAC system is a major investment, and it’s important to ensure that you do everything correctly to get the most out of your new system. Here are 10 common mistakes made during commercial HVAC replacement in Winter Haven, FL that could cost you money and inconvenience in the future:
1. Not sizing the unit correctly: The size of the air conditioning unit needs to be appropriate for the building size; if it’s too large, it will run inefficiently and use more energy than necessary. If it’s too small, it won’t be able to cool or heat as effectively as desired.
2. Ignoring ductwork: Poorly maintained old ductwork can cause malfunctions in new HVAC systems, so it’s important to inspect and repair any existing ductwork before you install the new system.
3. Not considering energy efficiency: The HVAC system should be as energy efficient as possible to save you money in the long run. Make sure you look for high SEER ratings when purchasing a unit.
4. Skipping maintenance: Maintenance is key to keeping your HVAC system running smoothly and efficiently over its lifetime, so don’t forget to schedule regular checkups with an experienced technician.
5. Selecting the wrong thermostat: It’s important to choose a thermostat that is compatible with your HVAC system; otherwise, it can lead to malfunctions and inefficient operation.
6. Not accounting for zoning: If you have an HVAC system with multiple zones, make sure that each zone is correctly wired and connected before you turn it on. Otherwise, some zones could be left out in the cold!
7. Ignoring indoor air quality: Poor indoor air quality can lead to health problems such as allergies, asthma, and more. Make sure that your new HVAC system includes a filtration system to clean the air of pollutants and allergens.
8. Improper installation: HVAC systems need to be installed properly to function correctly, so make sure that the technician installing your unit has experience with commercial HVAC in Winter Haven, FL.
9. Not insulating: Insulation is an important part of a functioning HVAC system, as it helps keep drafts out and keeps the air inside at the desired temperature. Make sure that your installation technician properly seals all walls, floors, and ceilings to prevent drafts from coming in.
10. Neglecting backup power: Power outages are always a possibility, so make sure that you have a backup generator or other emergency power source ready in case of an emergency.
Following these tips will help ensure that your commercial HVAC replacement in Winter Haven, FL is successful and efficient!
Tips to choose the right commercial HVAC replacement contractor?
1. Research the contractor: Do your research and check on a potential contractor’s licenses, certifications, and insurance. Make sure that they are licensed, insured, and bonded for their services.
2. Get references: Get at least three references from the contractor for commercial HVAC installation or replacement projects completed within the last year or two. You can use these references to get an idea of the quality of work and customer service to expect from them.
3. Ask questions: Have a list of questions ready before calling any contractors. Some important questions might include how long they have been in business, how many projects they have completed with similar scope as yours, what type of warranties they offer, etc.
4. Check for experience: It’s important to make sure that the contractor has sufficient experience and knowledge in commercial HVAC installation and replacement. Ask them about their experience in the field, especially if they specialize in certain kinds of systems.
5. Compare prices: Make sure to compare the estimates from different contractors to make sure you are receiving a fair price for your project. Keep in mind that cheaper is not always better when it comes to quality workmanship and customer service.
6. Read reviews: Read customer reviews and feedback online or ask others who have used services from potential contractors before making a decision on which one is right for you. This can give you insight into how professional they are, how reliable their services are, and what kind of after-sales support they offer.
7. Check subcontractors: Ask the contractor if they plan on using subcontractors for any part of the project and make sure that these workers are also licensed, insured, and bonded for their services.
8. Sign a contract: Make sure you have a signed agreement with all terms in writing before starting the project with your chosen HVAC contractor. This document will ensure that both parties are clear on expectations and payment arrangements before commencing work.
Contact Integrity Refrigeration and A/C at 863-557-4608 for more information. We are an experienced commercial HVAC replacement contractor serving Winter Haven, Florida. We are licensed, insured, and bonded for our services. We are committed to providing quality workmanship and customer service. Contact us today for a free estimate!