Curious about what social rules you must follow? Too shy to think of questions yourself?
Here is our list of 15 social rules, whether you know them or want to teach them to your children! These will give you an inside look into what are the trends in social rules to follow, especially in this COVID19 pandemic.
Get ready to learn all about what social rules you must follow in this generation.
1. Don’t call someone more than twice continuously. If they don’t answer, it simply means that they have something more important to attend to.
2. Return money that you have borrowed even before the other person asks for it, be it $1 or $100. It shows your integrity and character.
3. Never order expensive dishes on the menu when someone is treating you to a meal. If possible, ask them to order their choice of food for you.
4. Don’t ask awkward questions like, “Oh, so you aren’t married yet?”, “Don’t you have kids?” or “Why didn’t you buy a house?”. For God’s sake, it isn’t your problem.
5. Always open the door for the person behind you. It doesn’t matter if it’s a guy or a girl, young or old. You don’t become small by treating someone well.
6. If you tease someone and they don’t seem to enjoy it, stop and never do it again.
7. Praise publicly, criticize privately.
8. There’s never a reason to comment on someone’s weight. Just say, “You look fantastic.” If they want to talk about losing weight, they will.
9. When someone shows you a photo on their phone, don’t swipe left or right. You never know what’s next.
10. Treat a cleaner with the same respect that you would treat the CEO. Nobody is impressed at how rudely you can treat someone below you, but people will definitely notice if you treat them with respect.
11. Never give advice until you’re asked.
12. Do not make plans in front of those not involved and don’t discuss your set plans in front of those not invited on the guest list.
13. When a friend / colleague offers you food but you don’t want it, decline politely. Don’t do this after tasting or smelling it as it is disrespectful.
14. Don’t insist on shaking hands or hugging in this pandemic! People are already stressed out and panicking.
15. Most importantly, mind your own business unless anything involves you directly.