Cloud-Based Security Operations Center Platforms are providing software as a service or software models that operate as a subscription service in the cloud. These are providers of a layer of rented expertise and services to a company’s security strategy that performs its operations 24/7. The endpoints and networks are constantly and consistently monitored.
Basically, Security Operations Center or SOC in common are becoming a buzzword in the world of cloud-computing or cloud-based computing. SOC is commonly a centralized function in an organization or a company that employs technology, processes, and people to improve the security of that organization and monitor it continuously while analyzing, detecting, preventing, and responding to cybersecurity incidents.
But, when an organization or a company decided to opt for a Cloud-Based Security Operations Center Platforms fit the outsourcing of their IT security operations, their top management must thoroughly and deeply assess all the ensuring drawbacks along with the benefits. There are several types of SOC models that you can find here.
Let’s discover a few of the ‘Pros and Cons’ related to cloud-based SOC platforms.
Pros of Cloud-Based SOC Platforms:
• You can get immediate cybersecurity skills after opting for an external or a cloud-based SOC platform. It also makes equilibrium of interests of all stakeholders across your organization’s departments and identifies security gaps quickly and easily. Security specialists are always available for securing the access and environment to research databases and assures cyber-threat monitoring.
• Another advantage of cloud-based SOC platforms is their ease of Scalability and implementation that lacks in-house or indoor SOC platforms. Furthermore, you can also get the markedly best ROI (return on investment) when your company or organization contracts with a cloud-based SOC platform.
• A big always applaud for the guaranteed and uninterrupted services of cloud-based SOC. They are maintaining 24/7 cybersecurity operations by adding more expert members for immediate response, quarantine, and prevention of any security threat.
• The best platform of a cloud-based SOC can give more access to the threat intelligence due to faster evolving tools of cyber threats than to counter them. So, more advanced SOC platforms are providing bit threat intelligence and pro-active cyber defenses, including protection and research against upcoming unknown security threats.
Cons of Cloud-Based SOC platforms:
• The main challenging disadvantage of a cloud-based SOC is related to the abilities of MSSP for performing a thorough or in-depth assessment of your existing indoor or outsource IT infrastructures and the analysis of your concerning needs for your business operations and niche. It is considered a severe risk that the service provider may miss cybersecurity gaps or understand them properly.
• Evidently, the collected data and information gained from the monitored business systems is stored cloud-based; such system possesses risks of data loss or data risks due to outside processed perimeters.
• Primarily cloud-based SOC platforms are not offering complete customization and interoperability of the services due to their multiple clients, resulting in less efficiency and more inability to protect communication channels, networks, and endpoints.
After examining the authentic pros and cons of ‘Cloud-Based Security Operations Center Platforms,’ we can conclude that an organization first needs to find a better balance between in-door cybersecurity and cloud-based SOC. Most organizations rely on a mixed approach; for getting more guide about cloud-based SOC platforms and several types of SOC models.