Lighting control systems are becoming pre-dominant options in offering flexibility over how our homes and office spaces are lit. Modern-day technological solutions advocate the rise of sustainable development and environment-friendly measures. Lights consume power and add to the waste pile upon expiring. Also, with the rising need for better economic solutions, no one wants to pay for expensive electric bills.
A Brief Insight Into The Technology of Lighting Control Systems
Lighting control systems use a range of mechanisms to monitor the lighting in a space. Their primary objective is to help users harness energy savings and support visual needs. Concisely, the system takes up an action depending on the time of day, how much ambient light is present, and detects occupancy in a space.
- During the daytime, control systems using daylight sensors and photosensors can work in conjunction with blinds and dimming to strike up the perfect balance of ambient light.
- Many commercial and official buildings can save energy expenses from rooms by installing automatic lights that are triggered by an occupancy sensor that is active only when someone enters the space.
- Sophisticated systems incorporate varying color schemes to adjust the ambiance of a room depending on the time of day or the atmosphere as preset by the user.
- Automatic lighting improves security concerns as lights often dissuade intruders.
- Lighting control systems involve the interactions between a range of input and output devices monitored by the central processing unit. Their scope and intelligence make them useful in personal, commercial, or industrial spaces.
- Lighting Control Systems
Making Life (And Bills) Easier
Network-based smart lighting can only be a boon to humanity. Lighting control systems come with a myriad of benefits and here are five standout features that may attract you –
- Simple Usage: While the control system can be customized to become intelligent, the basic ones are far from complicated, and installation is hassle-free. The light uses wireless technology that does not require any wall cutting or wiring modifications.
- Energy Savings: Your monthly expenditure is eased, as a lighting control system does not allow lights to be left ON. It helps when you leave the house hastily. They also incorporate zonal control, where the entire space is partitioned, and each lighting for each zone is preset or uses a sensor.
- Safe And Secure: Lights always make a space safer. Be it from an intruder or a child walking into a dark room. Lights help make areas accessible. Lights can be controlled using occupancy sensors and motion detectors, as in they are turned ON only when they detect someone in their proximity.
- Adjusts According To Time: Lights can also be preset according to the time of day. Say, during night-time, lights are either dimmed or turned OFF to save power. Similarly, lights in an office are adjusted to suit the daylight.
- Setting The Mood: Lights contribute to the atmosphere of any place. No amount of interior decoration is enough if the lighting is out of place. Lighting control systems can be equipped to change their color to suit the ambiance and highlight the décor of your home. It can also be operated manually. Blinds and shades can work in tandem to set the tone right.
The installed system allows users to manually or automatically control the lights as and when necessary, usually using a switch or trigger. Motorized blinds are necessary for hot cities such as Miami. With the integration of wireless technology, lights are also operated remotely. Dimmers are useful products that control the brightness of light, depending on the requirement. Recent years have also seen the inclusion of color changes of the source light and generating data (like the measure of kWh units) via monitoring.
Electronics dealers, as opposed to home décor or lighting stores, usually sell automatics lighting systems. They are seamless solutions to energy management and improving the longevity of your lights. Nonetheless, lighting control systems are an addition to your lifestyle and can enhance the quality of work.