As a parent, it’s natural to worry about your child’s safety. Whether they’re at school, or a friend’s house, having a child-tracking app can help bring you peace of mind.
Thanks to advancements in technology, various family tracking apps are available. They allow you to keep tabs on your child wherever they go with a simple tap on your smartphone. From basic GPS tracking to more advanced features, these child-tracking apps can help keep your family safe and connected. Read on to learn about some of the best child-tracking apps available and how they can help you find your child.
How to pick the right child-tracking app?
Indeed, finding the right child-tracking app can be daunting, but it’s not always the case. You can find the perfect app to keep your family safe by following the tips from https://motherhoodtips.com/.
When it comes to protecting your children, knowing where they are at any time can be crucial. In this regard, having the right app can do wonders. But how do you know which one is best for your family? Here are a few questions you might want to answer yourself before starting your search:
- What type of device will you be using?
- Do you need a real-time location-tracking app? (You may need an app that only sends notifications when your child moves outside of designated safe zones.)
- Do you want an interoperable app targeting both iOS and Android?
- Are there any specific features that you find helpful?
Once you’ve determined what type of app you’re looking for, you must research the different options and compare them against each other. Read customer reviews to get an idea of how reliable each app is, and make sure you understand what type of data the app collects and how it uses it. It’s also important to check the pricing plans and ensure they are affordable for your budget. Meanwhile, you might want to consider the following features when choosing the best apps to help find your child:
- Real-Time Location – This standard feature gives you the real-time location of your child at any given time.
- Location History – This feature keeps track of the phone’s location and activity, i.e., taking photos, videos, and others.
- Virtual Geofence – Geofencing can track when someone is nearby, usually with an accuracy of 100-200 meters.
- Check-In Feature – Users can check in at specific locations to ensure they have arrived safely.
- Speed Alerts – Such alerts serve as driver support and may alert you when your child is overspeeding.
- SOS Alerts – As the name suggests, the option enables relaying messages as a form of security.
- Cross-Platform Availability – Such tracking apps allow you to work between iOS and Android platforms.
The top 5 apps for tracking children
MamaBear is an app designed for parents of children who are old enough to have their own phones. The app provides a way to track your child’s location, monitor their social media activities, and even alert you if they enter a restricted area. It also allows you to set parental controls, such as preventing your child from accessing certain sites or apps.
Life360 is a family-focused app that enables parents to see their children’s whereabouts in real-time. It also offers a panic button that can be activated if a child feels unsafe and a messaging system for parents and children to keep in touch.
Find My Kids: Location Tracker
Find My Kids offers the same features as Life360 but also offers other features, such as geofencing and photo sharing. With geo-fencing, parents can set up virtual boundaries and receive notifications if their child leaves the designated area. It also allows parents to view photos taken by their children and comment on them if needed.
KidGuard provides various services that help parents keep tabs on their children, including GPS tracking, text message monitoring, call logs and social media monitoring. It also allows to lock devices remotely and set time restrictions for kids’ use.
Family Tracker is an easy-to-use app that lets parents track their children’s location in real time. It also offers the ability to set up geo-fences and receive notifications if your child leaves the designated area. It also has a “panic button” feature that allows your child to alert you in an emergency.
These apps offer different monitoring and tracking capabilities, so parents need to decide which is best for their needs. While some of these apps may be more expensive than others, all of them offer valuable tools that can help keep your family safe and secure.
No matter what child-tracking app you choose, taking a few precautions before using it is essential. Typically, you must read through its terms and conditions and privacy policies. That way, you’ll ensure that you are comfortable with the information it collects about your child and your family. Also, discuss the app with your child and establish rules for using it so everyone is on the same page. Finally, check in regularly on how the app is used and how it can be improved over time. Ultimately, you will have the best possible experience with it.