Dents and dings are sometimes referred to as synonymous terms but that is not true. A ding is smaller than a dent. A dent is a prominent one whereas a ding is not so prominent. Here is everything you should know about dent repairs.
Dent repair is also referred to as PDR which is the short form of Paintless Dent Repair. There are several companies which offer this service. Some of them are better than the others but the price is similar. So, you need to wise the best organization wisely.
How Is the Process Conducted?
Most of the PDR techniques are non-intrusive. The PDR technicians utilize the specially designed gadgets and tools to slip behind the damaged panels and then manipulate & massage the damaged metal back to bring back to its original form.
Does This Technique Work Perfectly?
Yes, this technique is just incredible. This works very well in most of the cases and the dings, as well as the dents, are fully removed by this particular process. The dings and dents vanish when this procedure is used and you will not be able to believe your eyes to witness such a magical result.
Advantages of Paintless Dent Repair (PDR)
- This procedure is very cost-effective as compared to the traditional body shops.
- The repair is completed on the same day and can be done while you wait in the service provider’s place.
- No sanding, paintwork or any kind of traditional bodywork is required.
- The original paint remains as it is and helps the vehicle to maintain its look as well as value.
- The body panels remain intact and maintain the overall structural integrity.
Disadvantages of Paintless Dent Repair (PDR)
- The process of PDR is not able to address the paint chips or scratches which are associated with the dings.
- There are several areas of the body panels which are not at all accessible. So, PDR is not an option in such cases.
- The plastic components or plastic bumpers cannot be properly fixed with the help of PDR techniques. Since the bumper is the commonest area to get damaged and this is a significant downside of this technology.
- Some damage can occur to the door paint, panels, window glass, interiors and hardware, although the damage of any kind is usually rare.
Fixing Your Car’s Dents and Dings
You can fix your dents and dings as they occur. Fixing the dents and dings keeps your car look pristine every time and increases its value considerably. So, you can save a lot of your hard-earned money.
It Can Postpone Your Car Painting Job
The high-quality paintless dent repair is often considered as a great substitute for those car owners who are planning full automotive touchup paint job for their cars. It is always wise to retain the original paint until the time you can. A good quality PDR of professional-grade can very well restore the vehicles to showroom condition for even lesser than $500.
This can be safely concluded that PDR is efficient as well as a cost-effective means of dent repair. So, more and more car owners are adopting the same to enjoy its advantages. Like tire insurance or extended warranties, ding & dent protection plans promise to pay for the several damages in full or part for a particular period of time. These particular plans are very much saleable by the new car dealerships and are fairly charged. So, if you have a car or any other vehicle you must get your dent and ding protection plan as well.