When you or a loved one is seriously injured due to the negligence or flat-out wrongdoing of another, it may be time to speak with a personal injury attorney in Arizona. A simple Google search will yield lots of results, so it is important to ask questions and find the personal injury attorney in Arizona that’s right for you.
A serious personal injury can be traumatic, and it can leave a lasting impact on your life. You may be left struggling with medical bills and even difficulties completing the normal activities of daily living. When this happens, you need someone to fight for your rights as a victim.
Here’s what you need to know about a personal injury attorney in Arizona.
What is a personal injury case in Arizona?
A personal injury is basically any serious injury that is the result of someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. It is a type of tort or civil case against another party for the damages they caused. There are many different types of cases that qualify as personal injury cases in Arizona. Here are some of the most common:
The list really could go on to include workplace accidents, defective products, and more. Just about any case involving the personal injury of another due to no fault of their own may be a personal injury case in the state of Arizona.
How long do I have to file suit?
Every state is different regarding the statute of limitations in a personal injury case. In the state of Arizona, the statute of limitations is 2 years from the date of injury but sometimes exceptions can be made.
Many injuries are not immediately apparent and do not manifest symptoms for several months. When necessary, an exception is sometimes considered in those particular cases.
What if I’m partially to blame for the accident?
Arizona is considered a comparative negligence state, meaning that your proceeds are reduced by your responsibility in the accident. Even if the accident was 90 percent your fault, you can still seek compensation for the other 10 percent in damages.
Your personal injury attorney in Arizona will work hard to keep your assigned fault percentage as low as possible throughout the life of your case.
Should I file an Arizona personal injury lawsuit?
If you’ve been injured due to the negligence of another party, it’s best to speak with a personal injury attorney in Arizona. Many personal injury claims don’t become lawsuits because they are settled ahead of time out of court. When your attorney files a claim with the at fault party’s insurance company, the negotiations start.
Many times, a fair settlement is reached with the client’s approval. If no settlement agreement is reached, then your personal injury attorney in Arizona will file a lawsuit.
Partner with a Great Personal Injury Attorney in Arizona
If you have been seriously injured in an accident due to the negligence of another party, partnering with a great personal injury attorney in Arizona can get you the compensation you need to move forward.
Personal injuries are traumatic, and you need an experienced personal injury attorney in Arizona who will fight for your rights so you can focus on healing and getting used to your new normal.
Even if you aren’t sure about whether you have a case, it’s best to seek the counsel of an experienced and highly skilled personal injury attorney in Arizona who will have your best interest in mind.