Irrespective of how grand or small a wedding event is, a perfect mix of wedding songs can bring any boring event to life. That’s the thing with good songs – they can bring anyone to the dance floor, even those who don’t usually dance! When it’s your or your known’s wedding, good songs become as important as the tasty meal – you can’t imagine a great event without them playing.
Though the first dance song might feel like the most important tune to decide on, the reception music sets the tone for the rest of your wedding weekend. Ahead, we share songs that will get every family member on their feet as soon as they hear the opening chords crank through the speakers. Add these carefully curated tracks to your reception playlist, and you’re well on your way to a memorable party.
Confused about the song-lineup? We’re here to help! From the latest ones to the classics, we have listed many songs for various occasions down below. Have a look!
Wedding Reception Entrance Songs
The entrance songs of your wedding are going to set the tone of the event. So it makes sense to choose songs that are lively, fun, and romantic. Want to ensure a grand and memorable entrance to your wedding? Try these out. You won’t be disappointed!
- DJ Khaled’s “All I Do Is Win”
- “Someone To You,” Banners
- “What Lovers Do,” Maroon 5& SZA
- “Love Me Harder,” Ariana Grande
- Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky”
- Meghan Trainor’s “Like I’m Gonna Lose You”
- Taylor Swift’s “You Belong With Me”
- “One Kiss,” by Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa
- “Lovebug,” by the Jonas Brothers
- Imagine Dragons’ “On Top of The World”
- Ellie Goulding’s “Love Me Like You Do”
- Taylor Swift’s “…Ready For It?”
- “Can’t Feel My Face,” by The Weeknd.
Wedding Reception Dance Songs
Dance floors at weddings are usually set up near the reception area. Your goal should be to get people on the dance floor dancing with their best moves. Some hit songs to help you make this happen are:
- “Don’t Stop Me Now,” by Queen.
- J. Dash’s “WOP”
- “Wobble,” by V.I.C.
- “Low,” by Flo Rida
- “Yeah!” by Usher
- ABBA’s “Dancing Queen”
Classic Wedding Reception Songs
They say some things never go out of fashion, and classic songs are a good example. That is why you’ll hear them at just about every wedding. You can choose from several 90s cover bands to come up with a perfect playlist of classic songs that will leave everyone grooving to the beats. To help you get started, here are some of the obvious choices:
- Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline”
- Walk the Moon’s “Shut Up and Dance”
- The B-52’s “Love Shack,”
- “September,” by Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Don’t Stop Believin’,” by Journey
Fun Wedding Reception Songs
Fun songs instill an element of happy-vibes at the wedding and give everyone a good time. Tell the DJ to play the below songs and let the fun begin!
- “Cuz I Love You,” by Lizzo
- “Paper Rings,” by Taylor Swift
- “Meant to Be,” by Florida Georgia Line & Bebe Rexha
- “God’s Plan,” by Drake
- Justin Timberlake’s “Can’t Stop the Feeling”
Country Wedding Reception Songs
If you’re a country fan, we’ve got something for you! Country-music is a widely used genre in weddings, thanks to the songs listed below. From upbeat hits to soulful ballads, make sure you ask the DJ to play these songs:
- “Here Tonight,” by Brett Young
- “Alright,” by Darius Rucker
- “God Gave Me You,” by Blake Shelton
- “Love Someone,” Brett Eldridge
Wedding Reception Exit Songs
As much as the entry matters, your exit should be no less! The bunch of wedding songs listed below make up for a perfect lineup of exit songs. Don’t forget to tell your DJ to play them on the dance floor from Elevation Band!
- “Somewhere Only We Know,” by Keane
- “Closing Time,” by Semisonic
- “Countdown,” by Beyoncé
- “Unconditionally,” by Katy Perry
Similar to food and lighting, songs are the soul of a wedding. Make sure you search for the best wedding bands and select the ones that fit your budget and cater to your requirement. The wedding band you’ll choose will be playing all the above-mentioned songs, so pick the best one!