A marking machine is a machine that is used for the practice of engraving an object. It is a very broader category, which includes the change of color due to molecular/chemical reaction and many more. This technique does not usually use inks, not also it includes many kinds of tool bits that wear out the surface of the object. This technique is an advantage or an alternative to other engraving techniques or marking technologies.
Types of Marking Machines
Basically, there are three types of marking techniques and their functions are described below.
1. Dot Peen Marking Machine
It basically is an electromechanical device that uses the direct contact of part making process. It uses a stylus and a pin to create permanent marks. A stylus is made up of sturdy materials like diamond, carbide, and hard tungsten alloy.
Dot peen marking machines use all the pin marks i.e. numbers, logo, code, etc, which are made of dot points which generally makes the pin impact very high on your object by pneumatic power.
The adjustment of the X and Y-axis movement with the linear bearing, and marking speed and high-frequency marking can show the line marking performance.
Functions of dot peen marking machine are
- It helps you to create high depth marks that are permanent and not easy to remove.
- www.heatsign.com helps you to build a very clear mark.
- Low consumption of fuel, which helps you to build a perfect indent with the minimum amount of cost.
- Can create two-dimensional designs on the surface of materials.
- Uses electrical and inflated controls to transfer the stylus.
2. Laser Marking Machine
Laser marking machine is basically another type of marking machine which uses lasers for the purpose of engraving on the surface of materials and objects. It works on various products’ surfaces with the help of laser beams, which then evaporate the surface and expose the deeper material, which in results gives you the beautiful pattern, logo, and text. The laser uses in this type are basically divided into three categories i.e. CO2 laser marking machine, fiber laser marking machine, and Diode Yag laser marking machine. Check out Boss Laser to see one great example.
Functions of laser marking machines are
- It is the best solution for permanent and high accuracy indents.
- The performance is fast and perfect, which gives a very shiny look.
- High-speed laser making and efficiency improvement.
- It is used in many industrial applications like computer keyboards, plumbing parts, medical equipment, clothing necessities, food, and beverage packaging.
3. Electrolyte Marking Machine
The electrolyte marking machine which is also a type of marking machine uses the electrochemical etching process. It usually makes a stencil module with the help of text and graphic, then stamps on your products with the help of electric voltage on the surface of your object. The process of electrolytic marking is usually cheap, durable, easy, and precise. The end result of the marking is the dark surface which is imprinted on the surface of the object very clearly and is visible. There is no corrosion or any other negative effect on the material. After the whole process, the mark is about 0.020 mm deep in the object and can be seen very clearly. This type of marking machine is very easy to use and can be maintained very easily. Also, it doesn’t require precise cleaning and can be operated by any other person with minimal knowledge of working.
Functions of electrolytic marking machine are
- It has a similar manufacturing process like laser marking machine
- Especially good for logo indenting and company marking name.
- Have low consumption and low cost.
- Equipment is very reliable and can suit many industrial needs. The machine is very long-lasting.
- This whole process is very simple, easy to use, and doesn’t require any special training or can be performed during or before the delivery.
- The process is very extensively used in the industry of cutlery, tools, taps, drills, some medical and surgical instruments, sanitary hardware, ball bearings, and many more.