A real instance-
Let me share a real experience of how piles can hamper life on a daily basis. Mr. Pandey is clinically obese and a patient of chronic constipation. A few weeks ago, an incessant itching started in his anal region. The itching was so bad that it caused him embarrassment at his place of work also.
A few days later, while he was sitting on the toilet there was a piercing pain in his anal region. The pain was so excruciating that he thought that he’ll pass out. He gathered a sense of his surroundings and got back on his feet a couple of minutes later. But as soon as he stood up, he saw streaks of blood on the toilet. Seeing blood with the stool, he was scared to death. He came out of the toilet feeling helpless as well as oblivious about what he should do.
His wife tried to reason with him by stating that this could have occurred due to something that he ate the previous night in addition to drinking less water. He was satisfied with his answer and went to the office. He ate all kinds of healthy foods that day and drank almost 8 to 10 glasses of water. To get some relief from the pain, he even applied over-the-counter painkiller also. The next day he woke up without any pain or discomfort and continued with his daily rituals. Satisfied with his care, he carried on with his life for the next couple of days.
To his dire luck, the same pain occurred a couple of days later when he sat on the toilet. It bled again when he strained excessively. This time the pain didn’t subside like the previous day. In addition to this, he could feel a bulge in his anal region. Without wasting any further time, he underwent a permanent solution to the problem that too without any pain!
Am I at the risk of suffering?
Do you belong to that segment of people who can relate to the above instance? Does it pain terribly when you sit on the toilet to pass stool? Are you scared to death when you see blood with your stool? The problem that Mr. Pandey was suffering from was bleeding piles. You are also prone to suffering from the same if you maintain a sedentary lifestyle with minimum physical activity. Are you interested in knowing the painless treatment option Mr. Pandey opted for? Then read along as we discuss the treatment options for treating piles.
Do home remedies work for bleeding piles?
Though with a proper diet the problem can be resolved, here are some tips you can try at home for curing piles.
1. In order to get a regular bowel movement, consume a fiber-rich diet. A fiber-rich diet can be by eating legumes such as peas, whole grains, barley, flaxseeds, etc. Fruits such as bananas, apples, oranges, etc. and vegetables such as carrots, beets, spinach, potatoes, etc. are also rich in fiber. Nuts are also high in fiber.
2. Applying astringent such as witch hazel in the affected area can help in shrinking of the anal tissues.
3. Coconut oil helps in reducing the swelling as well as inflammation. It acts as a natural healer and moisturizer.
4. Drinking at least 1.5-2 liters of water daily helps to make the stool soft which doesn’t irritate the swollen area.
5. Applying aloe vera in the swollen area helps to remove the itching as well as the burning sensation.
6. Putting an ice pack in the inflamed area for 15 minutes gives immediate relief from the pain and burning.
7. Sitting in a sitz bath (a tub half-filled with warm water) for 15-20 minutes can help you get relief from the pain on a temporary basis.
8. Wearing loose cotton clothes puts less pressure and also ensures ventilation. This simple tip ensures that you do not feel any discomfort.
An interesting fact to note is that irrespective of bleeding, you can opt for the most advanced laser treatment for curing piles without any pain.
Permanent Solution To Piles- Laser Treatment
Laser-based surgeries have become the go-to option for several piles patients in India. As the procedure takes only 30 minutes to complete, people who don’t have enough time to spare can easily opt for them. Apart from saving time for people, there are several advantages of piles laser surgery-
● Both during- and after- the operation, there is almost no bleeding.
● There is almost no pain as the whole procedure is performed under the influence of anesthesia
● The risk of complications is much lower as compared to other surgeries.
● The recovery after a piles laser surgery is much faster as there are no large incisions.
● A quicker return to a normal lifestyle. It takes only two days to resume daily chores after the surgery
● The pain during recovery is considerably less. But it can differ according to the case. For instance, someone might feel a little pinch around the wound if they lift heavyweights
● Most people suffering from piles fear that it can reoccur. You’ll be glad to know that the risk of recurring is reduced to minimal.
It should be kept in mind that even after the surgery, piles can recur if you continue to maintain a lifestyle that largely involves prolonged hours of sitting or eating high-calorific foods. After the recovery period, it is vital that you lower your consumption of spicy foods and in turn, increase the consumption of leafy vegetables and fruits. It is important to drink lots of fluids also so that your stools remain soft. Visit your doctor immediately if you feel any discomfort or pain after the treatment!