It’s a question that has plagued homeowners for centuries: where is the best place to store power tools? In the garage? The basement? The attic?
Each of these options comes with its own set of pros and cons. Storing power tools in the garage is a good option if you have easy access to the house, but it can be a pain if you have to go outside whenever you need to use them.
A basement is a good option if you’re looking for extra storage space, but it can be damp and cold which is not ideal for power tools. And the attic is a great option if you want to keep your power tools out of the way, but it can be challenging to access if you need to use them frequently.
So, where is the best place to store power tools?
The answer may surprise you: in a toolbox!
A toolbox is a perfect option for storing power tools because it keeps them organised and within easy reach. Plus, most tool boxes come with wheels, so you can move them around as needed.
So if you’re looking for the best place to store power tools, a toolbox is the way to go!
How do You Prepare Tools for Storage?
If you’re going to store your power tools in a toolbox, there are a few things you need to do first. Here’s how to prepare tools for storage:
- Clean them off: Make sure all your power tools are clean before you put them away. This will help prevent rust and other damage.
- Oil them: Apply a thin layer of oil to your power tools before storing them. This will help keep them lubricated and in good working condition.
- Sharpen them: If your power tools have blades, ensure they’re sharp before putting them away. This will help ensure they’re ready to use when you need them.
- Inspect them: Take a close look at your power tools before you put them away. Make sure no cracks or damage could cause problems down the road.
- Label them: Label your power tools so you know what each one is and where it goes. This will help keep your toolbox organised and make it easier to find what you need when you need it.
Now that you know how to prepare your power tools for storage, it’s time to choose the right toolbox.
There are a few things to consider when selecting a toolbox, such as size, material, and features.
Things to consider when selecting a toolbox
The first thing to consider is the size of your toolbox. You want to make sure it’s big enough to hold all your power tools but not so big that it’s awkward to move around.
Toolboxes are usually made of plastic or metal. Plastic tool boxes are lighter and easier to carry, but they’re not as durable as metal ones. Metal tool boxes are more durable, but they’re also heavier.
Some tool boxes come with features like wheels and drawers. These can be helpful, but they’re not essential. Choose a toolbox with the needed features but don’t worry about getting too many bells and whistles.
Now that you know how to choose the right toolbox, it’s time to get started! Follow the tips above and you’ll be sure to find the perfect place to store your power tools.