Dandeli is a leading tourist destination located in the Northern Karnataka which comprises of natural beauty. It is an ideal place for those who want to perform various types of adventurous activities. The city is one of the best holiday spot for tourists to plan their trip with family and others on the Western Ghats in Uttara Kannada district. In fact, the place offers a plenty of things for tourists enabling them to plan their trip accordingly.
However, they should consider booking best resorts in Dandeli before scheduling an itinerary for creating the best memories. They even aim at offering modern amenities for tourists letting them schedule their trip with family and others. It is necessary to book them before 15 days or a month to avoid unwanted issues. Moreover, visitors can avoid discomforts and other problems when they like to travel the city.
Important places to visit in Dandeli
1. Kali River
Kali River is one of the major attractions in Dandeli because it allows tourists to admire the beauty of nature. Another thing is that it is an ideal one for carrying out water sports such as boating, kayaking, etc. In addition, the river is the most sought destination meant for outdoor camping and overnight camping. Tourists can also enjoy their barbecue parties and campfire games with others.
2. Kavala Caves
Kavala caves are just 26 km away from Dandeli and 7 km away when tourists come to the place via Ambikanagar. They have religious importance which makes them an important tourist destination in Karnataka. Visitors can even see a naturally formed Shivalinga at the entrance of the caves. The caves enable tourists to make a wonderful journey and they have to climb down 375 steps to reach the entrance. Furthermore, the caves comprise a lot of stalagmite formation which are very small in dimension.
3. Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary
Dandeli wildlife sanctuary is one of the must-see places in North Karnataka because it covers over 200 species of birds. It is a great destination for those who love bird watching and nature. The sanctuary which lies at 3 km away from Dandeli allows tourists to explore a wide range of birds. Besides that, the sanctuary enables tourists to explore many other things while making a trip.
4. Syntheri Rock
Syntheri Rock is a monolith rock structure which is 300 meters in height which has s small waterfall and rocky ravines. In fact, it covers rocky elevations that allow visitors to plan a picnic with family and others. The place is an excellent choice for mini-breaks and weekend getaways allowing tourists to get more excitement. Located on the banks of the river Kalindi, it serves as a perfect destination for relaxing mind in a peaceful environment.
5. Supa Dam
Supa dam lies approximately 21.6 km away from Dandeli that allows visitors to enjoy the beauty of nature. The dam built across the river Kalindi enables tourists to get unforgettable experience. Besides that, it makes feasible methods to enjoy the river rafting and other activities. It is 101 meters height and 302 meters in length which enables tourists to enjoy their trip with family according to needs.
Travel tips to Dandeli
1. The nearest airport to Dandeli is Hubli which is just 80 km away from the city. It is also well connected by roads and train routes allowing tourists to reach the place with ease.
2. The best time to visit the place is from October to January allowing tourists to enjoy their trip with family and children.
3. It is advisable to pack the right type of clothes while visiting the city. This will help a lot to avoid discomforts and other problems to a large extent.
4. Tourists should get care of themselves when they want to perform trekking and other adventurous activities.
5. Kannada is the most language spoken in the city. However, tourist guides speak English and other languages enabling visitors to avoid communication problems.
6. Visitors should get permission from forest department when they want to carry out trekking activity.
7. Tourists should carry enough food and water while making a trip to Dandeli.
8. There are several restaurants in the city which offer a variety of foods for tourists enabling them to get a fine dining experience.
9. International tourists should consider carrying a copy of their passport and other documents for verification purposes.
10. It is a wise one to wear comfortable clothes while performing trekking and other adventurous activities.
11. There are different types of tour packages available for the tourists and they can choose the best one which exactly fit their budgets and needs.
12. Visitors can hire professional guides for planning a trip with their family and others to experience more excitement.
13. It is advisable to follow the rules and regulations properly before trekking into the dense forests. Tourists should always carry a map with themselves while making a trip to various destinations in the city which will help to get peace of mind.
Where to stay in Dandeli?
Anyone who wants to make a pleasant trip to Dandeli should consider choosing the best hotels for meeting essential requirements. Some hotels even offer resort services for tourists enabling them to make the trip a memorable one. It is possible to know the details of resorts in Dandeli online allowing tourists to book the rooms in advance. There are many hotel websites which offer a variety of packages for tourists allowing them to schedule their trip depending on their needs.
On the other hand, it is important to read reviews of websites in detail that can help to select the right one. A reputed hotel website makes feasible ways to compare the prices of resorts online with ease thereby helping to book them at discounted rates. Tourists should know the instructions properly while booking the resorts for overcoming disputes and other problems. Also, it will help a lot to make an exciting trip to the beautiful city with groups and others.