A formal document created by the job applicant to itemize his or her qualifications for a specific position is a resume. A good interview and a resume give an opportunity for a better position and secure the interview with the hiring manager.
For employees searching for a new job, a good resume is the most valuable thing to do. A resume is almost required for applicants to white-collar positions. Hiring managers take this first step to judge the candidates intended for the interview.
Here in this article, we will discuss what are the features and characteristics of a good resume and why writing a resume is important?
Why is writing a good resume is important?
Employers select applicants if their resume is tailored to the job application, which shows that you can perform the duties required by the employer. Writing a good resume is crucial for you to demonstrate your education, skills, and work experience. Many companies offer Resume writing services to create a professional resume for you
Features of a good resume:
- Relevant skills.
- Power words.
- Clarity and quantitative skills.
Tips for writing a good resume:
Below are some tips mentioned to help you write a good resume.
1. Utilize white space.
2. Be careful of word usage.
3. Proofread and peer review.
How to make a good resume?
Here are a few things to know for making a resume great.
1. A professional up-to-date resume contact information.
Mention only the current and relevant information.
- Cell phone number.
- Full name.
- Current address (optional).
- LinkedIn profile or online portfolio if relevant.
- The professional email address that you check regularly.
- Soft skills and technical skills.
- Work history.
- Opening statement: objective or summary.
No need to mention age, race, religion, marital status, or photos, as these create discrimination.
2. The right resume format:
- Functional format.
- Reverse-chronological format.
- Combination format.
- Functional format.
4. Relevant work experience.
5. Correct education.
6. An impactful resume profile.
- Professional objective (general knowledge and skills-based with emphasis on career goals).
- Professional summary (overview of skills, job expertise, and work experience).
6. Additional sections.
- Certificates and licenses.
- Hobbies and Interests.
- Volunteer work.
- Foreign languages.
8. Editing and proofreading.
9. A cover letter.
10 Key takeaway.
11. Certain kind of pretty.
Top Soft Skills to put on a Resume:
- Interpersonal communication.
- Critical thinking.
- Public speaking.
- Customer service.
- Conflict resolution.
- Decision making.
All key sections included in Sample Resumes:
- New cast.
In this review, we have discussed the resume and what are the main things to consider while making a resume. In order to apply somewhere in a company for a job, then writing a resume is very important and has a strong impact on the hiring department as they see your resume first and call you later for a specific job.