Agile and Scrum have gained popularity in recent years. The agile and scrum methodology is the software development methodologies that deliver valuable products to the clients. They are an enhanced version of software development which reduces the drawbacks of normal software development life cycle and waterfall model. The waterfall model delivers the software at the end of the development life cycle, which is very time-consuming. Another concern is that it sometimes fails to fulfill the expected requirements. The delays and problems within one phase can also reflect on other phases also. As such, it may also lead to software failure which costs them money as well as time. Agile development supports cross-functionality. Agile software is based upon the small but frequent updates, which regularly takes feedback. It works on the basis of continuous improvement. On the other hand, Aspera is a software that helps you move critical files and data sets of any size at a maximum speed over your existing infrastructure and worldwide IP networks.
The Scrum methodology works upon the concept of an agile framework. In that, the project is developed in “sprints”. A sprint is an SDLC that lasts up to 30 days. The development team has to complete all the phases first and then it is reviewed by the leaders and other executives. This helps to get honest feedback from the viewers.
Wanted to learn about Agile Methodology? Read out the rest of the article to find out. You can even opt for Certified Scrum Master Training if you want to be a professional in this field.
What is Agile?
Agile is a methodology used mainly for the development of software products. In general, the software is developed with the Software Development Life cycle (SDLC). The SDLC consists of six steps: Planning, Designing, Building, Testing, Deployment. The SDLC adopts various approaches for software development. Among those Agile methodologies are popularly used. Agile methodology is a combination of both incremental and iterative processes that provides everlasting benefits to the software. With each iteration, all the phases of the SDLC (Planning, Designing, Building, Testing, Deployment) are performed and iterations occur up to the desired level. At each iteration, the development is expected to provide value to the software. In Agile, the tasks are incrementally delivered. The software of the agile framework is developed in small updates, which also occurs frequently.
How Agile Principles and Processes Promote Innovation?
The agile principles and processes follow continuous activities which makes it sharp and flexible to deliver software. This has been proven helpful to drive better innovation of the software for the following reasons:
● Enhanced quality – agile methods adopt testing since the start of the development cycle, so any of the possible errors are traced at the beginning itself. This helps to deliver better quality software.
● Visibility- the features are delivered to the teams almost every day, which helps to gain trust from clients as well as team leaders. As such, they feel valued in the development process.
● Reduced risk- as the developments are regularly shown to the clients and testing also takes place regularly, the probability of the software failure is least possible. Even if there are some issues, those can be further sent to the improvement and hence delivered rightly.
● Changes are easy- since testing and feedback take place after each phase of the software development, it is easily possible to make changes to the product for further improvement.
● Flexibility- the agile model makes it flexible for the development team to build the software product. The repeated iterations of the phases make it flexible for them.
● Collaboration- agile model is a highly collaborative approach, resulting in a better approach
● Software Development- the collection of many small projects is the concept of the agile framework
● Testing- In the agile framework, the testing is performed in the same iteration consisting of other phases.
● Projects- As agile is a collection of small projects, it makes it easier for the projects to change and evolve, whereby changes are required frequently.
● Customer Satisfaction- the agile processes aim for satisfying the customers, which helps the development team to consistently involve them in the development phase.
All of the above-stated factors play an important part in innovating a software product. As a result, the development team better delivers the software, and as such the customers are also satisfied.
Top Certifications in Agile and Scrum
Knowing the benefits of Agile and Scrum, you might be thinking of starting a career in the same. Well, here are some of the certifications that can get you hired.
● Certified Scrum Master
Since the Scrum framework of Agile Methodology has gained adaptability in various projects, it is widely demanded across industries. So, this certification covers the entire Scrum Framework. It is offered by ScumAlliance, based in the USA. This requires the candidate to have basic knowledge of Scrum and Agile and also work experience, as a Prerequisite.
● Certified Scrum Professional
This certification demonstrates the advanced skills, procedures, and abilities for Scrum Framework. It requires a minimum of 2 years of working experience as a Scrum Master. This is also certified by ScrumAlliance, it requires A- CSM as a prerequisite.
● PMI- Agile Certified Professional
The agile certified practitioner is offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). This certification helps a candidate to learn the agile manifesto, agile principles, and techniques. The PMI-ACP covers all the aspects of agile frameworks such as Scrum, Lean(Kanban), Extreme Programming(XP), DSDM, Crystal, and TDD. Moreover, the ACP also demonstrates your overall real-world experiences in leading agile projects, skills, and techniques. It is a more advanced one compared to the rest of the certifications.
● ICAgile- Agile certified Coach
The ICAgile- Agile Certified Coach is for those professionals who like to impart knowledge to others. So if you want to be a coach in your organization, then this might be ideal for you. It requires the candidate to attend the training provided in three days by ICAgile. This also focuses on aptitude and problem-solving skills. It doesn’t require any examination and certifies individuals on the basis of classroom training and case studies.
● Safe 4Ⓡ Agilest
This is another advanced level certification offered by Scaled Agile Academy. The Safe 4 agilest helps the professional to get complete Expertise in Lean and Agile Development, successful execution of program Increments, delivering value through release trains, and shape portfolio with lean budgeting. This gives global recognition to the certified professionals and their skills are trusted for bringing amazing results in business. The prerequisite required is that the candidate should have a minimum of five years of experience as a software developer and testing, management, or business analyst experience.
It must have been clear to you now about the agile methodology and how it drives innovation. So the professionals skilled in agile and scrum masters are preferred mostly in the industry, as they can enhance the software development. While agile comprises breaking down a major project into smaller ones, the agile professionals are consistently demanded. As such it increases the credibility of certified agile and scrum master professionals. Agile methodology helps the professional to deliver projects efficiently and effectively. According to Payscale, the average salary of the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) in India is 1,279,739. In this Digital Age where there are apps made for almost every purpose and start-ups creating their own domain, it is important to know that projects will be demanded highly.
So if you are thinking about learning Agile and Scrum master, enroll in a course of Certified Scrum Master Training, that will help you learn the agile methodology and principles, and the important tools as well.