Planning a family vacation can either be very fun or very stressful. You need to find a place that everyone will love if you want to ensure that you all have a good time, right? So planning will be much smoother if you have an idea of the best destinations.
If you’re traveling through California with your family and need spots that are family-friendly, we’ve got you covered. We want to present some great places in Southern California where you and the fam will be able to have the time of your life.
We’ve listed some of the best cities in Southern California for a family holiday, so you can take your pick. Check out these suggestions and tell your family to get ready for the trip of a lifetime.
This sunny city by the ocean is a perfect place to take your family if you’re looking for some fun in the sun. With an average temperature of 70 degrees, you’ll be able to enjoy all that San Diego has to offer without worrying about the weather.
There are tons of great things to do in San Diego with kids. You can visit the world-famous San Diego Zoo, take a ride on the USS Midway Museum, or explore Balboa Park. If you’re looking for some beach time. And, of course, no trip to San Diego would be complete without a visit to SeaWorld.
There are also plenty of places to eat in San Diego that the whole family will love. From waterfront seafood restaurants to cafes with outdoor seating, you’ll find something for everyone. Generally, the entire San Diego County has some great destinations to check out; you can look at some more options here: sleeveuphomes.com/the-best-cities-in-san-diego-county.
Anaheim is yet another Southern California city that’s perfect for some family fun. And if you want to add a little magic to your trip, this is the place to be. After all, it is home to Disneyland!
But Anaheim has more to offer than just Disneyland. You can also visit Knott’s Berry Farm or Adventure City Family Amusement Park. There are also many great places to eat, from fast food to sit-down restaurants.
If you’re looking for hotels near Disneyland, there are plenty of options. And if you want to save money, you can always find discounts on tickets and hotels online.
So if you’re visiting California with your family, be sure to add Anaheim to your list of possible destinations. You won’t regret it.
Monterey is a beautiful city on the Central Coast of California. It’s well-known for its stunning beaches, great food, and rich history.
There’s a plethora of things to do in Monterey with kids. You can visit the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, take a nature walk through Asilomar State Beach, or explore Cannery Row. You can also take a scenic drive down the world-famous 17 Mile Drive.
If you’re looking for places to eat in Monterey, there are plenty of great options. There are seafood restaurants, cafes, and even ice cream shops. And if you want to stay in Monterey, there are plenty of hotels and vacation rentals to choose from.
Big Bear Lake
Located in the San Bernardino Mountains, Big Bear Lake is a popular destination for skiing and snowboarding in the winter and hiking and camping in the summer.
There are lots of kid-friendly activities available in Big Bear Lake. In the winter, you can go sledding, ice skating, or skiing. In the summer, you can go hiking, swimming, or fishing. You can also take a scenic drive or ride the chairlift to the top of Snow Summit. It’s a great location year-round, so you can go during the summer or over Christmas break and have a wonderful time.
Palm Springs is a trendy vacation destination in the Coachella Valley. It’s known for its stunning desert landscapes, luxury hotels, and celebrity residents.
If you’re visiting with kids, there are many things you can do as a family. Here are our top picks:
- The Palm Springs Art Museum features rotating exhibits and has a sculpture garden.
- Take a tour of the windmills.
- The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens is a great place to see desert animals.
- Hiking in the nearby mountain
- Checking out the mid-century modern architecture.
- Riding the Aerial Tramway to the top of San Jacinto Peak. Visit Oasis Date Gardens for a taste of the local dates.
- Go on a day trip to Joshua Tree National Park.
- Take a scenic drive through the San Andreas Fault.
South Lake Tahoe
South Lake Tahoe is a gorgeous city located in the Sierra Nevada mountains. It’s famous for its beautiful lakes, skiing and snowboarding resorts, and hiking trails.
There are lots of fun activities in South Lake Tahoe with your family. You can visit the world-famous Emerald Bay, take a scenic gondola ride to the top of Heavenly Mountain, or go hiking or biking on one of the many trails. You can also take a boat tour of Lake Tahoe or go paddle boarding on Emerald Bay.
Santa Cruz is located on the Central Coast of California and is a lovely destination for family vacations. It’s famous for its stunning beaches, great food, and rich history.
Here are a few of our favorite things to do in Santa Cruz with kids:
- Visit the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk – This is one of Santa Cruz’s most popular attractions, and it’s easy to see why. The Boardwalk features several rides, games, and restaurants, and it’s right on the beach. It’s the perfect spot to spend a day with the family.
- Visit the Seymour Marine Discovery Center – This center is located on the UC Santa Cruz campus, and it’s a great place to learn about the local marine environment. Kids will love meeting the resident sea lions, and they can also touch live tide pool creatures in the discovery lab.
- Explore the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History – This museum is located in downtown Santa Cruz, and it’s a great place to learn about the area’s history. The museum also has many excellent art exhibits, and kids will love exploring the hands-on Discovery Zone.
Where Are You Off to on Your California Family Vacation?
These seven cities are some great examples of family-friendly cities in Southern California. As you can tell, there is no shortage of options when planning a fun California vacation, and we’re sure you won’t have any regrets whatever you choose. Whether you want a beach vacation or a fun adventure at one of California’s theme parks, you’re bound to find something that works for your family.